The Immerse Virtual Studio desktop application is a powerful tool to audition the multichannel surround or Atmos sound from your DAW, host, or applications such as the Dolby Atmos Renderer over headphones.
1. Launch the Immerse Virtual Studio application from your Applications folder or Launchpad.
2. Set your Channel Configuration. Ensure that your configuration matches the Outputs from your DAW/host/application.
|DAW||Immerse Channel Configuration (Standalone)|
L R Lrs Rrs C Lfe Ls Rs Ltf Rtf Ltr Rtr
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
|Pro Tools||Pro Tools Bus|
|Nuendo / Cubase||Custom Configuration
L R C LFE Ls Rs Lrs Rrs Ltf Rtf Ltm Rtm Ltf Rtf
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
|Dolby||SMPTE * Note: requires changes to Dolby default output Routing|
For more information, see the articles linked at the bottom of this article.
3. Click on “Options” on the top-left corner of the app and select Audio/MIDI Settings.
4. Select the Input of the standalone app as “Immerse Audio Bridge”.
Select your sample rate and audio buffer size (512 recommended).
Make sure you select the Output device that routes to your headphones.
In order to avoid any feedback loop with the initial setup, the audio input is muted by default. Make sure you uncheck the Feedback loop box once your settings are in place.
6. In your application of choice, route the output to Immerse Audio Bridge. Now you can monitor your mix in Immerse Virtual Studio standalone application!