The Immerse Virtual Studio standalone application for Windows can work with any ASIO-compatible host or sound card.
To use Immerse Virtual Studio externally to ProTools, follow these steps.
- In ProTools, go to Setup -> Playback Engine, and select “Immerse Virtual Studio"
- In ProTools go to Setup -> Hardware
a. verify that Immerse Virtual Studio is the selected device.
b. Click "Launch Setup App" to open the Immerse Virtual Studio with Avid application
- In Immerse Virtual Studio, select Options -> Audio/MIDI Settings
a. Audio device type: Windows Audio
b. Output: select your headphones output device
c. Input: None
d. Select Monitoring Source “Immerse Audio Bridge (ProTools.exe)"
e. Ensure your Sample Rate matches your Pro Tools session
- Select your Channel configuration as "Pro Tools Bus" format.
- Set up your Pro Tools Session
a. Go to Setup -> I/O. Select the Output Tab, and create a new Path (i.e. Immerse7.1.2), which should have the number of channels needed (i.e. 5.1 will require 6 channels, 7.1.2 will require 10 channels)
b. On your multichannel output track, select this Output path.
- You can now play your Pro Tools audio to the Immerse Virtual Studio Standalone application!