The Immerse Virtual Studio standalone application for Windows can work with any ASIO-compatible host, such as Pro Tools, Nuendo or Cubase, and Reaper, as well as ASIO sound cards. The ASIO-driver is known as "Immerse Audio Bridge," and a specific version is created after you setup your DAW.
Below are the general steps to setup Immerse Audio Bridge and Standalone with your DAW/host. For more specific steps for your DAW, see the setup guide articles linked at the bottom of this page.
- First, launch your DAW and select Immerse Virtual Studio as your Audio Playback Device / Audio Driver.
- Next, launch the Immerse Virtual Studio standalone application from the Windows Start Menu.
- Click Options on the top left and select "Audio/MIDI Settings..."
- Select the Immerse Audio Bridge for your DAW. You may also uncheck the box to remove the Feedback loop protection.
- Select the Audio Device Type as “Windows Audio” and not Exclusive or Low-Latency Mode.
- Select your I/O. For Output, select your stereo headphone output device. If you are not recording into the DAW, you can select the default Input. If you are recording in your DAW, then select your desired Input device.
- Now that you have set up the Audio/MIDI settings in the Standalone, you may restart your DAW and finish your setup.
- Here is a reference for the channel configuration selections for each DAW. For these examples, please use the default Output routing for your DAW. For more detailed instructions, please see the Setup Guides for each DAW below.
|DAW||Immerse Channel Configuration (Standalone)|
L R Lrs Rrs C Lfe Ls Rs Ltf Rtf Ltr Rtr
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
|Pro Tools||Pro Tools Bus|
|Nuendo / Cubase||Custom Configuration
L R C LFE Ls Rs Lrs Rrs Ltf Rtf Ltm Rtm Ltf Rtf
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14