When you install Immerse Virtual Studio Surround, a standalone version of Immerse Virtual Studio Surround is also installed. It also installs Immerse Audio Bridge, which is a multi-channel virtual audio cable.
Immerse Audio Bridge (IAB) is a multi-channel virtual audio cable that allows you to route up to 16 channels from one application to another. You can create hassle-free loopback or pass audio between applications with no additional setup required.
- Immerse Virtual Studio(IVS) Standalone can be used to monitor Dolby Atmos Renderer output.
Dolby Renderer -> Immerse Audio Bridge -> Immerse Virtual Studio Standalone
Click on this link for a detailed guide on how to use the Immerse Virtual Studio Standalone app.
- You can also create atmos re-renders using IAB. Set IAB as output in Dolby Renderer, and input as IAB in the DAW that is being used to record. It is recommended that you set your DAW settings first before opening Dolby Renderer.
You can also use Immerse Virtual Studio Standalone with other DAWs like Logic, Reaper, Protools.
Setting up IVS Standalone with Logic :
1. In Logic, go to Preference > Audio and set Output Device to ‘Immerse Audio Bridge’
2. Open Immerse Virtual Studio Signature Edition standalone application
3. Go to Audio/MIDI Settings and set the Input to ‘Immerse Audio Bridge.’
4. The Default I/O Assignments in Logic correspond to the external hardware Input and Output I/O order in and out of Logic. This channel mapping is different from the internal channel mapping Logic uses with plugins. Therefore when using Immerse Virtual Studio as an external standalone application with Logic, we will need to manually set the channel mapping in Immerse Virtual Studio to match the channel mapping out of Logic. For reference, please see the default channel mapping out of Logic below.
5. Open Immerse Virtual Studio and click on Inputs. Select any label and drag it above the desired channel number. For example: Shown here is the correct setup in Immerse Virtual Studio to match the channel mapping out of Logic
1: L (Left)
2: R (Right)
3: Lrs (L. Surround)
4: Rrs (R. Surround)
5: C (Center)
6: LFE (LFE)
7: Ls (L. mid)
8: Rs (R. mid)
9: Ltf (L. top)
10: Rtf (R. top)
11: Ltr (L. top surround)
12: Rtr (R. top surround)