In the channel configuration menu, you can select any subset of the speakers in Alan Meyerson's 7.1.6 Atmos mix room or Lurssen Mastering’s 7.1.4 room.
Since DAWs and surround files can read and route surround sound channels differently, there are a variety of Channel Configuration options to match the order of your files and/or DAW routing.
SMPTE/ITU order follows a widely-used standard. Use this configuration with Dolby Atmos rendered files or as a default when in doubt in other DAWs.
Film for use with surround sound files specifically encoded in Film channel order.
ProTools Bus order follows the default bus structure of Pro Tools and is recommended to be used with Aux Input or Routing Folder tracks or with your Pro Tools Output to the Immerse Standalone. For more info, see the detailed Pro Tools setup guide article.
Steinberg follows the default bus structure of Steinberg applications: Cubase, Nuendo, and Wavelab.
Logic Pro follows the default internal routing of Logic Pro, and is recommended for use inside Logic Pro. However, if you are routing from Logic Pro to the Standalone, you will need to use a "Custom" configuration. For more info, see the detailed Logic Pro setup guide article or the Logic Pro with Standalone setup guide article.
Custom if your sounds are not coming out in the correct direction/output channels, please select Custom. Select the Inputs tab, where you can drag any channel to the correct order for your files and routing. More detailed instructions can be found in the Custom Channel Configuration setup guide article.
Reference of Channel Configurations
- Stereo (L R)
- 5.1 Logic (L R Ls Rs C LFE)
- 5.1 Film (L C R Ls Rs LFE)
- 5.1 SMPTE (L R C LFE Ls Rs)
- 7.1 Logic (L R Lrs Rrs Ls Rs C LFE)
- 7.1 Film (L C R Ls Rs Lrs Rrs LFE )
- 7.1 ProTools Bus (recommended for Pro Tools Aux Input tracks)
- 7.1 SMPTE (L R C LFE Ls Rs Lr Rr)
- 7.1 Steinberg (L, R, C, LFE, Lrs, Rrs, Ls, Rs)
- 7.1.2 Film (L C R Ls Rs Lrs Rrs LFE Ltm Rtm)
- 7.1.2 Logic (L R Lrs Rrs Ls Rs C LFE Ltm Rtm)
- 7.1.2 ProTools Bus (recommended for Pro Tools Aux Input tracks)
- 7.1.2 SMPTE (L R C LFE Ls Rs Lr Rr Ltm Rtm)
- 7.1.2 Steinberg (L, R, C, LFE, Lrs, Rrs, Ls, Rs, Ltf, Rtf)
- 7.1.4 Logic (L R Lrs Rrs Ls Rs C LFE Ltf Rtf Ltr Rtr)
- 7.1.4 Steinberg (L, R, C, LFE, Lrs, Rrs, Ls, Rs, Ltf, Rtf, Ltr, Rtr)
- 7.1.4 SMPTE (L R C LFE Ls Rs Lr Rr Ltf Rtf Ltr Rtr)
- 7.1.6 SMPTE (L R C LFE Ls Rs Lr Rr Ltf Rtf Ltm Rtm Ltr Rtr)
- 7.1.6 Steinberg (L, R, C, LFE, Lrs, Rrs, Ls, Rs, Ltf, Rtf, Ltr, Rtr, Ltm, Rtm)
- Custom (Drag your channels into a custom order in the Inputs Tab)
Special instructions for Nuendo/Cubase
For Immerse Virtual Studio Signature Edition users, we have incorporated Steinberg channel configuration options for 7.1 and above, so please select the appropriate option in the channel configuration menu.
For Immerse Virtual Studio Alan Meyerson users:
- For 5.1, you may select the SMPTE Channel configuration.
- If you are using 7.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.4, or 7.1.6 please use a "Custom" Channel Configuration Layout and drop and select the channel labels to match the order seen below.
For more detailed instructions, please view the Immerse setup in Nuendo or Cubase article.